If you want to add a payment method to your Apple ID, not add funds to your Apple ID balance, learn how to add a payment method.
Add funds to your Apple ID balance on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the App Store app.
- Tap your photo or the sign-in button at the top of the screen.
- Tap "Add Funds to Apple ID."
- To add funds instantly, tap the amount that you want to add. Or to automatically add to your balance in the future, tap Set Up Auto Reload. What's Auto Reload?
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the purchase. Some payment methods might prompt you to verify your purchase with a text message or other method.
Add funds to your Apple ID balance on a Mac or PC
- On your Mac, open the App Store. On a PC, open iTunes for Windows. If you're not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
- Open the Account Information page:
- On a Mac, click your name or the account button in the sidebar. Then click View Information at the top of the screen.
- On a PC, from the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > View My Account. Sign in with your Apple ID, then click View Account.
- On the Account Information page, click "Add Money to Account."
- Click the amount that you want to add. Or to automatically add to your balance in the future, click Set Up Auto Reload. What's Auto Reload?
- Click Next, then confirm your selection. Some payment methods might prompt you to verify your purchase with a text message or other method.
Automatically top up your Apple ID balance
If you want to automatically add to your Apple ID balance, set up Auto Reload. You can top up your balance weekly, biweekly, or monthly. Or you can automatically top up your balance when it's low.
If you want to turn off Auto Reload, return to the Add Funds page, then tap or click Turn Off Auto Reload.
* In some countries in regions, these top-up options might not be available.
Get more help with Apple ID balance
- Learn how to check your Apple ID balance.
- You can use your Apple ID balance to buy apps, pay for subscriptions, and more. But for some purchases, Apple ID balance can't be used. Learn what you can buy with your Apple ID balance.
- Apple ID balance isn’t available in all countries or regions. See if you can pay with Apple ID balance in your country or region.