Before you update to Final Cut Pro, create backups of your files in case you need them later. Consider completing any active projects before moving to Final Cut Pro.
- Read the Final Cut Pro for Final Cut Pro 7 Editors white paper, which helps Final Cut Pro 7 editors transition to Final Cut Pro. The white paper provides an overview of the key interface and workflow differences between the two apps.
- Learn about Final Cut Pro features from the overview page.
- Learn details about how to use Final Cut Pro from the comprehensive documentation.
- You can purchase and download Final Cut Pro exclusively from the Mac App Store.
- Learn about using Apple Pro Apps with macOS High Sierra.
Move projects to Final Cut Pro using SendToX
You can use SendToX, an app from third-party developer Intelligent Assistance Software, to help import your Final Cut Pro 7 projects into Final Cut Pro. Learn more about how to use SendToX.