Add a payment method
To make purchases from the App Store and use subscriptions like iCloud+ and Apple Music, you need at least one payment method on file.
Add a payment method on your iPhone or iPad
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap your name.
- Tap Media & Purchases, then tap View Account. You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Tap Manage Payments.
- Tap Add Payment Method.
6. Enter the payment method details, then tap Done.
Add a payment method on your Mac
- Open the App Store.
- Click your name. If your name doesn't appear, click the Sign In button, sign in with your Apple ID, then click your name.
- Click Account Settings.
- Next to Payment Information, click Manage Payments. (If you're using an older version of macOS, click Edit next to Payment Type.)
- Click Add Payment.
- Enter the payment method details, then click Done.
Add a payment method on your Windows PC or Microsoft Surface
- Open iTunes.
- In the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, tap or click Account, then tap or click View My Account.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Tap or click the Manage Payments button next to Payment Information. (If you're using an older version of iTunes, tap or click the Edit button next to Payment Type.)
- Tap or click Add Payment.
Add a payment method online
If you want to keep more than one payment method on file, add the payment method in Settings on iPhone or iPad, in the App Store on Mac, or in iTunes on your PC. When you edit payment information online at appleid.apple.com, additional payment methods might be removed from your account automatically.
- Go to appleid.apple.com.
- Tap or click Sign In, then sign in with your Apple ID.
- Tap or click Payment Methods.
- Tap or click Manage payment method.
- Enter your payment information, then tap or click Update.
Apple will attempt to charge payment methods in order from top to bottom. You can't change the order in which Apple Account balance is charged.
- If you can't add a payment method, make sure that the payment method is accepted in your country or region.
- Learn how to change your payment method.
Customers in Brazil
Customers in Brazil might be required to enter their CPF (11 Digit) or CNPJ (14 Digit) number when they enter their payment information.