To qualify for an Apple Music student subscription, you must be a student studying a bachelor degree, post-graduate degree, or equivalent Higher Education course at a University, College (U.S. only) or Post-Secondary School (Canada only). Junior, technical colleges, and special courses are also eligible in Japan.
The Apple Music student subscription is only available in certain countries and regions. Learn more about Apple Music availability and pricing.
How to get a student subscription to Apple Music
- Open the Apple Music app or iTunes.
- Go to Listen Now or For You.
- Tap or click the trial offer (one trial per person or family).
- Choose Student, then tap or click Verify Eligibility.
- You'll be taken to the UNiDAYS website where you'll need to follow the onscreen prompts to verify your enrollment. After UNiDAYS verifies that you're a student, you'll be redirected back to the Apple Music app or iTunes.
- Sign in with the Apple ID and password that you use to make purchases. If you don’t have an Apple ID, choose Create New Apple ID, then follow the steps. If you're not sure if you have an Apple ID, we can help you find out.
- Confirm your billing information and add a valid payment method.
- Tap or click Join.
How to get Apple TV+
If you have an Apple Music student subscription, you can enjoy free access to Apple TV+ for a limited time. Just open the Apple TV app and start watching Apple Originals. You can't share your free Apple TV+ access with Family Sharing.
Apple TV+ isn't available in all countries and regions. You might be able to use Apple Music but not Apple TV+ in your country or region. Learn what's available in your country or region.
How to reverify your student status
Near the end of each year that you have an Apple Music student subscription, you'll see a message that asks you to verify your student status in the Apple Music app or iTunes. You can also verify your student status at any time in the Settings app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
In the Apple Music app or iTunes for Windows
If you see a message that asks you to verify your student status:
- Tap or click Verify Eligibility.
- Tap or click Go to Website.
- Sign in to your institution's portal.
- After you sign in to your institution's portal, you’ll be directed back to Apple Music and see a confirmation screen.
In Settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to Settings > [your name], then tap Subscriptions.
- Tap Apple Music Membership.
- Tap "Verify your student status." You'll be redirected to the UNiDAYS website.
- Follow the prompts to verify your eligibility. If the verification is successful, you'll automatically return to Apple Music and continue your Apple Music student subscription.
If you're no longer a student
If you're no longer a student or if you complete 48 months of a student subscription, your subscription automatically becomes an Apple Music individual subscription and you lose free access to Apple TV+.
If you're prompted to verify your student status after launching Apple Music, but you're no longer a student or have completed 48 months of a subscription, tap or click "I'm No Longer A Student." You won't be asked to verify again.
If you don’t confirm during the verification period, and you still have time left in your 48 months, you'll have to re-enroll as a student.
Get help with your UNiDAYS account
If you need help with your UNiDAYS account, contact UNiDAYS Support.
- You can also get an individual subscription or family subscription to Apple Music.
- After you subscribe to Apple Music, you can change your subscription to a family, student, individual, or annual plan.
- Learn how to cancel your subscription.
- Use the Apple Music app to manage your music library, discover new music to add to your collection, and so much more.