If you paid in full upfront for your AppleCare plan
Contact Apple Support to cancel your plan. Please have these items ready:
- The AppleCare agreement number. Sign in to MySupport to look up your agreement number.
- The serial number of the device that the plan covers. Here's how to find the serial number.
- Your original sales receipt.
If you cancel your AppleCare plan within 30 days of your purchase date, you’ll get a full refund, minus the value of any service already provided.1
If you cancel your AppleCare plan more than 30 days after your purchase, you’ll get a refund based on the percentage of unexpired AppleCare plan coverage, minus the value of any service already provided.1
1. The refund guidelines may vary in your country, region, state, or province. You can find more information about canceling and refunds in the applicable AppleCare Terms and Conditions. If you pay monthly for AppleCare+ from your wireless carrier, contact the wireless carrier to request a refund.
If you pay monthly or annually for your AppleCare plan
Need to change the payment method for your AppleCare plan? Change your Apple ID payment method.
Need to cancel your plan? You can cancel your AppleCare plan in the account settings on your device. If you don't see your plan when you try to cancel it, finish setting up your account. If you finished setting up your account and you still don't see your plan, contact Apple Support.
If you cancel your AppleCare plan, the monthly or annual billing2 can't be renewed. If you're no longer eligible for an AppleCare plan, you can't add it to your device again.
2. In some countries and regions, you might have the option to pay monthly or annually for your AppleCare plan. This option is not available for all AppleCare plans or all countries and regions.
- Transfer your AppleCare plan.
- In some countries and regions, you might be able to continue AppleCare+ coverage on a monthly or annual basis after the 24 or 36 months is over.