Update your device
An issue in iOS or iPadOS 13 might prevent the system from freeing up storage for you. To fix this issue, update your iPhone or iPad to iOS or iPadOS 13.6.1 or later.
If you don’t have enough available storage to update wirelessly, update your device using a computer.
If there’s not enough space to update using a computer
- Back up your device with iCloud* or a computer.
- When the backup is complete, go to Settings > General > Reset. Then tap Erase All Content and Settings. If asked, enter your passcode or Apple ID password.
- Follow the instructions on your screen to set up your device. When asked how you want to transfer apps and data to this device, tap Restore from iCloud Backup or Restore from Mac or PC, and choose the backup you just made. Continue setting up your device.
- Wait for the restore process to finish. Then go to Settings > General > Software Update, and install iOS or iPadOS 13.6.1 or later.
- If you restored from an iCloud backup, you might see your Home screen before the restore is complete. Wait for the restore to complete before you update your iPhone or iPad. You can check the restore progress in Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup.
- Don't install new apps, or download or stream music or videos, until you've installed iOS or iPadOS 13.6.1 or later.
* If you get a message saying there’s not enough available storage to back up to iCloud, back up with your computer.