In Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, the United Kingdom, and the United States
- If you paid upfront for an AppleCare+ plan for your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch, you might be able to purchase new coverage that renews monthly or annually.
- If you paid upfront for an AppleCare+ plan for your Mac, you might be able to purchase new coverage that renews annually.
Purchase the new coverage within 30 days after your original coverage ends. To find out if you can purchase the new coverage, go to mysupport.apple.com and follow the onscreen instructions. The new coverage automatically renews until canceled.
Your plan coverage may continue beyond 24 or 36 months, on a monthly or annual basis, until canceled.
If you choose to continue coverage, your coverage will be subject to the then-current AppleCare+ Terms and Conditions.
In China mainland
If you paid upfront for 12 or 24 months of coverage for your iPhone or iPad, you might be able to continue coverage on an annual basis when the service period is over. If you pay annually, your annual plan will renew each year until canceled.
Within 30 days of the end date of your coverage, go to Settings > General > About. Then tap AppleCare+ Coverage Available and follow the onscreen instructions.
If you continue coverage, your coverage will be subject to the then-current AppleCare+ Terms and Conditions.
How to check when your coverage expires
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > General > About, then tap the name of your AppleCare plan.
- On your Mac, click the Apple menu in the corner of your screen. Choose System Settings > General > About. If you can't find System Settings, choose About this Mac, then choose Support.
- Or go to mysupport.apple.com and sign in with your Apple ID. Then choose your device from the list.
- You can also find the expiration date in the Proof of Coverage or Plan Confirmation message that is sent to you when you purchase the AppleCare+ plan.
You won't receive notifications that your plan is about to expire, unless local law provides otherwise.
Not all products and buying options are available in all countries or regions.