Picture-in-picture is available on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD with the latest tvOS.
Turn Picture in Picture on or off
To turn on Picture in Picture:
- While a movie or TV show plays, tap the Touch surface on your Siri remote to bring up the video timeline.
- Swipe up on the Touch surface to highlight , then click the Touch surface to select it. If you don't see , Picture in Picture isn't supported.
After your Picture in Picture window appears, you can tap the Touch surface on your Apple TV remote and select to switch the larger picture with the Picture in Picture window, or select to close the Picture in Picture window.
* Check with the app developer for details.
Control your video window
Press Apple TV App/Home on your Siri remote to show the Picture in Picture options menu. Use the Touch surface to swipe between options.
Select Full-screen to move your video window back to its full size.
Click Close if you're finished watching your video.
Highlight Move, then click the Touch surface until the video window is in the corner that you want.
Press Play/Pause on your Siri remote to start or stop playing content in your video window while you're in the Picture in Picture options menu.
When you're done making changes to the video window, press Menu on your Siri remote to continue watching in Picture in Picture mode.
Do more with Picture in Picture
- If you have a doorbell that supports HomeKit Secure Video, find out how to view live video of your front door in a picture window on your Apple TV.
- Learn how to watch movies, TV shows, and live content in the Apple TV app.