This article is for system administrators.
In iOS 11.3 and later, use MDM to prevent unmanaged destinations from accessing contacts associated with managed sources. The following restrictions apply to contacts:
- Documents from managed sources appear in unmanaged destinations
- Documents from unmanaged sources appear in managed destinations
These restrictions prevent unmanaged apps from accessing contacts from managed accounts, and prevent managed apps from saving contacts to the local Contacts app.
- Unmanaged apps
- Unmanaged contacts and email accounts
- Local storage like On My iPhone contacts and notes
- Managed apps
- Managed accounts
Changes in iOS 12
In iOS 12, you can use MDM to make the following exceptions to this policy:
- Allow unmanaged apps to access managed contacts
- Allow managed apps to save contacts to the local Contacts app
Get more help
For additional instructions, contact your MDM vendor.