Cloud status icons
If you see a cloud status icon next to a song, find it below to learn what it means.
Available for download
The song isn't downloaded to your device and can only be played when your device is connected to the Internet. To listen to the song offline, tap or click to download it to your device.
You have duplicate versions of the same song in your music library on your computer. Duplicate songs aren't uploaded and synced across your devices.
You have multiple computers that have Sync Library turned on and a song was deleted from one of those computers. Songs that you delete from your music library are immediately removed from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, but stay on other associated computers until they're manually deleted.
Apple Music might not be able to upload the song because the song wasn't purchased from the iTunes Store, was purchased using a different Apple ID, or is too large of a file.
The song file is corrupt or there was an error uploading the song. Choose File > Library > Update Cloud Music Library to resolve this. If updating doesn't resolve the issue, try importing a new copy of the song into your music library.
A dotted-line cloud
If you see a dotted-line cloud next to a song, then it might mean one of the following:
- Waiting: The song is in the process of being matched and hasn't been uploaded. Choose File > Library > Update Cloud Music Library to resolve this.
- Not Uploaded: The song was added from another device and can't be matched. To upload the song, turn on Sync Library on the computer where the original audio file is stored.
- No longer available: The song is either not available in the Apple Music catalog, or hasn't been released yet.
Check the upload status of each song in your music library
When you turn on Sync Library in the Music app on your Mac or iTunes for Windows on your PC, Apple Music uploads and matches every song in your music library.
As Apple Music uploads your music, you can check the status for each song.
- On your Mac, open the Music app. On your PC, open iTunes for Windows, choose Music from the pop-up menu, then click Library.
- In the sidebar, select Songs.
- In the menu bar, choose View > Show View Options.
- Select Cloud Download and Cloud Status.
- To sync your music library across all of your devices, subscribe to Apple Music.
- Learn how to turn on Sync Library on all of your devices.
- Learn how to delete music from your library.
- See which devices are signed in with your Apple ID.
- Learn what to do if songs are missing in your music library after you turn on Sync Library.
- Learn what to do if your songs in your music library are grayed out.