If you're a business owner and want to correct the information about one of your locations in Maps, sign in to Apple Business Connect.
If you can't find your current location on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Turn on Location Services and Location Access for Maps. In the Settings app, tap Privacy & Security, then tap Location Services. Make sure Location Services is on, and Maps is set to While Using the App or Widgets.
- Set the date, time, and time zone correctly on your device. In the Settings app, tap General, then tap Date & Time. If possible, turn on Set Automatically.
- Turn on cellular data or Wi-Fi so that you have an active connection. In the Settings app, tap Wi-Fi or Cellular, then select a network or cellular plan.
Location Services uses GPS, Bluetooth, crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspots, and cellular towers to determine your location. If you still can't find your current location in Maps, close the Maps app and reopen it. You can also try to restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Learn more about Location Services on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
If you can't find your current location on your Mac
- From the Apple menu , choose System Settings.
- Click Privacy & Security on the left, then click Location Services on the right.
- Make sure that both Location Services and Maps are turned on.
- Close the Security & Privacy window.
- Make sure that your Mac is connected to the internet.
Report an issue or add a missing place in Maps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- In the Maps app, scroll down to the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Report an Issue. From this screen, you can report a street, place, or route issue, add a place to Maps, or report an incident.
- After you've chosen an issue, follow the onscreen instructions.
You can also edit your favorite places and update your home or work address.
Report an issue or add a missing place in Maps on your Mac
- From the menu bar in Maps, choose Maps > Report an Issue > Add to Maps.
- Choose an issue. From this screen, you can add a place to Maps or report a street or place issue.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
You can also edit your home or work address.
To report an issue or a missing place, you must have a Mac with Apple silicon, the Apple T2 Security Chip, or a Touch Bar.
If you have trouble with spoken directions on your iOS or iPadOS device
- In the Settings app, tap Maps.
- Tap Spoken Directions.
- Select your options, like whether to pause podcasts for directions or whether to hear directions through your vehicle's radio.
Turn Spoken Directions on or off by tapping the audio button on the map after you start turn-by-turn navigation. See which countries or regions support turn-by-turn navigation.