We're sorry your iPhone isn't working as it should.
After you’ve contacted Apple for service, you’ll receive a kit that contains everything you need to return your iPhone to Apple.
Before you ship your iPhone
- Back up your iPhone. To protect your data, follow the steps in the “Before you send” section of this article.
- Remove your device from Find my iPhone.
- If possible, charge your iPhone fully and turn it off.
- Remove the SIM card from your iPhone if it uses one and keep it in a safe place. If your iPhone doesn't use a SIM card, contact your wireless service provider to suspend service.
Pack your iPhone using the included packaging materials
- Place your iPhone in the protective bag. Do not include your stereo headset, USB cable, power adapter, or other accessories.
- Remove the shipping label from the box if you haven’t already done so. Place the protective packaging in the shipping box.
- Seal the box with the tape provided, making sure the red, black, and white battery sticker is clearly visible on the outside of the box.
Ship your iPhone to Apple
- If the return shipping label is included, place it on the box.
- Find the name of the courier on the label (or elsewhere in the packing materials) and visit its website to arrange a collection or find a drop-off location.*
- Ask the courier for proof of collection.
- Check the status of your service request.
*Apple is not responsible for any damage during shipping if the package is not properly sealed or is delivered to the courier in poor condition.
Use your repaired or replaced iPhone
- If your iPhone uses a SIM card, insert the SIM card into your iPhone.
- Restore your iPhone from an iCloud or iTunes backup.
- Find My iPhone should be on by default, but you can confirm that Find My iPhone is on.
© 2018 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. AppleCare and iCloud are service marks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.