- From the Windows File Explorer, open iCloud Drive.
- In the folder that you want to share, look for a file that has a size of 0 KB. If you don't see it, look in any sub-folders that you have.
- Drag and drop that file to another location within iCloud Drive.
- Return to the folder that you want to share. Right-click the folder and choose “Always keep on this device.” All the items in the folder start downloading. When the download is complete, a checkmark appears.
- Right-click the folder again, then choose iCloud Sharing. Then you can share folders with friends, family, or colleagues.
If you see 'The folder cannot be shared' on your PC with iCloud for Windows 11.1 or later
If you see an error message that says “The folder cannot be shared from this device because it contains files that are not downloaded. Please share using an iOS or macOS device,” download the folder, then try to share it again.
Information about products not manufactured by Apple, or independent websites not controlled or tested by Apple, is provided without recommendation or endorsement. Apple assumes no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites or products. Apple makes no representations regarding third-party website accuracy or reliability. Contact the vendor for additional information.