After you’ve contacted Apple for service, you’ll receive a kit that contains everything you need to return your product to Apple.
Before you ship your HomePod
Pack your HomePod
- Take the foam insert out of the box provided.
- Remove the shipping label from the box if you haven’t already done so. Put your HomePod into the box.
- Put the foam insert back into the box, threading the cord through the slit in the insert.
- Roll the cord up inside the hole at the top of the foam insert.
- Close the lid of the box. Then, remove the tape provided from its backing.
- Use the tape provided to seal the box as shown.*
*Apple is not responsible for any damage during shipping.
Ship your HomePod to Apple
- If a return shipping label is included, place it on the outside of the packaging. If applicable, make sure the return shipping label completely covers the old shipping label, or that you remove the old shipping label before applying the new shipping label.
- If a commercial invoice is included, place it on the outside of the packaging. Failure to put the commercial invoice on the outside of the packaging may render the package undeliverable. Commercial invoices are only necessary in some European countries.
- Find the name of the courier on the label (or elsewhere in the packing materials) and visit its website to arrange a collection or find a drop-off location.
- Ask the courier for proof of collection.
- Check the status of your service request.
Use your HomePod after service
- Make note of your new HomePod serial number. Your replacement Apple product is covered by a 90-day service warranty, the remainder of your original product warranty or AppleCare plan, or by consumer law, whichever is longer.
- Set up and use your new HomePod.
© 2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and HomePod are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions. AppleCare is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions.