Find your model number
To learn which Apple Watch you have, use its model number:
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap the My Watch tab, then tap General > About.
- Find the Model field. You should see the part number that begins with "M."
- Tap the Model field. You should see the field update to show a five-digit number that begins with "A." This is your model number.
- Compare your model number to the ones below.
In Japan, if you have an Apple Watch Series 2 and the part number ends with "J/A," you can use Apple Pay on your device to ride transit and make purchases in stores.