When you redeem an App Store Top-Up card, the amount on the card is added as a credit to your Apple ID. You can use these cards to top-up the store credit associated with your Apple ID. If you want to add more credit, buy another App Store Top-Up card or use Alipay or a bank card to top-up your account.
After you add the credit to your account, you can use it in the App Store on any device when you sign in with the same Apple ID. Your Apple ID uses this credit for all your App Store purchases until it's spent.
You might see Top-Up cards referred to as App Store & iTunes Gift Cards in other countries or regions.
Redeem your Top-Up card in the App Store
Before you start, make sure that you have:
- Your App Store Top-Up card.
- Your National ID.
- Your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Locate your redemption code
Peel or gently scratch off the label on the back of your App Store Top-Up card to reveal the hidden code. You need this 16-digit code, which starts with an X, to redeem your card.
Other forms of credit might not be 16 digits, and might not start with an X.
Enter the code from your Top-Up card
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap App Store. You can also open the redemption page, and then skip to step 5.
- Tap Today, then tap your Apple ID icon.
- Tap Redeem.
- Sign in with your Apple ID. Learn what to do if you forgot your Apple ID.
- If you want to use the camera in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to add your gift card, tap Use Camera. Make sure to follow the on screen instructions to capture the redemption code.
If your camera can't read the redemption code or you want to enter the card without using the camera, tap "You can also enter your code manually."
- Enter the 16-digit code, which starts with X, from the back of the card. Then tap Done.
- The first time you try to redeem an App Store Top-Up card to your Apple ID, you’re prompted to enter your National ID. Enter your family name and given name as they appear on your National ID and a valid phone number.
Apple ID credit is used for each purchase you make in any of the stores, including Apple Music memberships, until it's gone. Learn how to check your credit balance.
You can associate your National ID with only one Apple ID at a time.
If your card isn't activated or you can’t redeem your Top-Up card
If you can’t redeem your Top-Up card, it might be because:
- The App Store can't verify your National ID.
- You have reached the daily or annual Top-Up card redemption limit.
If the App Store can’t verify your National ID
The first time you try to redeem App Store Top-Up card to your Apple ID, you’re prompted to enter your National ID. You can associate your National ID with only one Apple ID at a time.
If we can’t verify your National ID, you will see an error message. Make sure that you enter your family name, given name, phone number, and National ID correctly. Your name must match how it appears on your National ID and the phone number must be valid to verify your National ID.
If you continue to receive the error, your National ID might be expired.
If you’ve correctly entered your information and we still can’t verify your National ID, call Property & Credit (P&C) at 95159 to speak with customer support for additional help.
If you've reached the daily or annual Top-Up card redemption limit.
Each National ID can redeem up to 5000 RMB per day and 30,000 RMB per year.
If you see a message that says you’ve reached your daily or annual Top-Up card redemption limit, you must wait until your limit resets to redeem any additional Top-Up cards. Daily limits reset at midnight local time. Annual limits reset on January 1.
If you still can’t redeem your Top-Up card
If you still can't redeem your Top-Up card, it might be invalid, previously redeemed, inactive, unreadable, or from a different country. P&C manages App Store Top-Up cards and redemption to your Apple ID. Call P&C at 95159 to speak with customer support for additional help.