Troubleshooting Automatic Downloads for purchased Apps, Music, and Books
iTunes, iTunes Store
If you are experiencing issues with Automatic Downloads, here are some troubleshooting steps.
- Check that your device has an active internet connection.
- Be sure that you have the latest software installed on your device and your computer. Automatic Downloads requires iTunes 10.4 or iOS 4.3.3 or later. iPhone 4 (CDMA Model) requires iOS 5 or later.
- Check that your computer is authorized for your Apple ID. For more information about iTunes Store authorization and deauthorization, see this article.
- Be sure iTunes is open on your computer. Once iTunes is open, choose Check for Available Downloads from the Store menu in iTunes.
- Check to see that you are signed in on your iOS device or computer with the same Apple ID as is being used for your purchase.
- Check that you have Automatic Downloads enabled on your computer or iOS device. For information about enabling Automatic Downloads, see this article.
- Automatic Downloads and downloading previous purchases for iPhone 4 (CDMA Model) requires iOS 5 or later.
- Previous purchases may be unavailable if they have been refunded or if they are no longer on the iTunes Store.
- When you sign out of your Apple ID on your iOS device, you must re-enable Automatic Downloads on your iOS device again. See this article for information about enabling Automatic Downloads.
- If you are signed out of your Apple ID, Automatic Downloads will not be sent to your device or computer. You will need to go to your Purchased page on the iTunes Store when you sign in to download your purchase.
- On a Windows computer, if you have Automatic Downloads enabled, you will need to choose Store > Check for Available Downloads from the Store menu in iTunes for your purchases to download.
Important: Information about products not manufactured by Apple is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute Apple’s recommendation or endorsement. Please contact the vendor for additional information.