Messages: Reporting unwanted messages sent from iMessage
If you're seeing unwanted iMessages (spam) in Messages app, you can report those to Apple.
To report unwanted iMessage messages to Apple, please send an email with the following details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include a screenshot of the message you have received.
- Include the full email address or phone number you received the unwanted message from.
- Include the date and time that you received the message.
To take a screenshot:
- To take a screenshot on your iOS device, press and release the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time. The screenshot is added to your Camera Roll album.
- To take a screenshot in OS X, simultaneously press the Command + Shift and the number 3 key on your keyboard. The screenshot is saved to your Desktop folder.
To learn more about taking screenshots in OS X, see article HT5775.
Note: Report unwanted ("spam") SMS and MMS type messages to your cellular provider. Contact your carrier for additional details.
Look in the Messages conversation thread to determine if a message was sent via iMessage. Messages sent via iMessage are labeled as "iMessage" above the message in the text field. SMS and MMS type messages read "Text Message" instead.
|iMessage in iOS||SMS or MMS text message in iOS|
|iMessage in OS X|