How to install OS X on multiple computers
If you've acquired OS X Lion, Mountain Lion or Mavericks from the Mac App Store, you're allowed to install it on all of your personal, authorized Macs.
To install OS X on another Mac, open the Mac App Store, sign in to your account, and re-download the OS by selecting it in the Purchases list. Follow these steps:
- Download OS X Installer from the Mac App Store on one of your personal, authorized Macs.
- Install the OS.
- Log in to another computer that you wish to install it on.
- Open the Mac App Store. Enter your Apple ID and password that was used to download OS X on the first computer.
- Click the Purchased icon, then click the download link for the appropriate OS.
- Open the OS X Installer from the Applications folder after it has finished downloading to your other Mac.