iTunes Store: Complete My Album Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Learn more about Complete My Album:
- What is Complete My Album?
- How long do I have to take advantage of Complete My Album?
- How is my Complete My Album price calculated?
- Are there any items that are not eligible for Complete My Album?
- What if I purchased a song and now want to Complete My Album, but I can no longer find it on the iTunes Store?
- I don't see an album on my Complete My Album page.
- What if I previously purchased a song but I accidentally deleted it? Can I download it again for free with Complete My Album?
- Can I choose between clean and explicit versions of albums?
- Are music videos eligible as part of Complete My Album?
- Is Complete My Album available for TV show seasons?
- Do Apple compilations, iMixes, iTunes Essentials, Celebrity playlists, count towards Complete My Album?
- Are EPs eligible for Complete My Album?
- Are Soundtracks eligible for Complete My Album?
- Are purchased Works (Example: Beethoven: The Complete Symphonies) applicable towards Complete My Album?
- Is bonus material included as part of my Complete My Album download?
- How does a Complete My Album offer with iTunes Plus songs work?
What is Complete My Album?
If you have purchased one or more songs from an eligible album, you can now complete the album without having to pay the full album price, and instead of receiving the album in its entirety, you will receive only the songs you had not previously purchased. For example, if you purchased one song from an eligible album priced at $9.99 USD, you can get the remaining songs for $9.00 USD—instead of paying $9.99 USD for the album and buying the single again. You can complete albums this way even if you were given the initial song as a gift.
If you purchase a song from an eligible album on the iTunes Store, when you view the album again, the pricing will show Complete My Album and the adjusted price for the remaining songs. You can also view your eligible albums by accessing the Complete My Album page under Quick Links from the iTunes Store Music page, or from the iTunes Store homepage.
When you buy individual songs from any qualifying album, you can complete the album at any time, as long as the album is available for sale on the iTunes Store. In some cases, you will have no more than 180 days from the time you acquire your first CMA-eligible song or video off a particular CMA-eligible album to accept that CMA offer. These availability periods are subject to the availability of the album on the iTunes Store and its continued eligibility for Complete My Album.
Your Complete My Album price is based on the content you previously acquired from iTunes. If you purchased your songs, we adjust the current album price by the retail price you paid for those song(s). If you acquired your content through select, eligible song code promotions, we adjust the current album price by the full retail price of the song(s). Note that for some albums (where the full album price equals the sum of the single prices of all its songs), completing the album using CMA does not reduce your price for the remaining songs or music videos compared to buying them individually.
Note: if you previously acquired a certain number of single tracks from the same album that the Complete My Album price would be less than the current price for a single song (a single video for a video album), you will not be able to purchase the remaining tracks using Complete My Album.
You will not be able to complete your album using songs acquired through Single Of The Week or Discovery Download promotions. Additionally, content acquired through select song code promotions or select bonus material may be excluded. In some cases, Apple may not have the rights to provide Complete My Album for particular albums, songs, or videos.
Availability of particular Complete My Album offers is subject to change without notice. Albums that are no longer available for sale on the iTunes Store, partial albums, and certain other albums are not eligible for CMA.
If you don't see an album on the Complete My Album page:
- The album itself may no longer be available for sale on iTunes.
- You acquired the content with song code promotions which do not qualify for Complete My Album credits.
- Apple may not have the rights to offer Complete My Album for that album.
If you acquired a song and deleted it, you will be able to Complete Your Album even if it is not in your iTunes Library. However, at the time of Complete My Album, the original song you purchased will not be downloaded.
If you purchased your song from the clean version of an album, you will only be able to complete your album on the clean version. The same applies for explicit versions. The only exception is if you purchased an unmarked (clean) Pre-Release Single, and both clean and explicit album versions are later released, you will have a choice to complete either one of the albums (but not both).
Yes. Purchased music videos may be applied toward Complete My Album on eligible music albums and music video albums.
If an AAC Protected album that contains a music video is eligible for upgrade to iTunes Plus, the audio tracks will be upgraded to iTunes Plus, but if the music video is not available in iTunes Plus, the music video will be omitted from the iTunes Plus album, as well as the Complete My Album offer. In other words, the AAC Protected album with music video may be upgraded to an iTunes Plus album without music video.
Yes. See this article for more information.
If you purchased a song from an Essentials, Celebrity, or iMix playlist, you will only be able to apply your purchase to complete the song's original album in the iTunes Store. Essentials, Celebrity, and iMix playlists are not eligible to be completed using Complete My Album.
Soundtracks are eligible only if all songs within a soundtrack are individually for sale.
Complete My Album will include whatever content is included on the eligible album on the iTunes Store at that time. For example, bonus materials only available at pre-order fulfillment will not be included in the Complete My Album purchase.
If the songs you own are AAC Protected or a mix of both AAC Protected and iTunes Plus, the Complete My Album offer will deliver the remaining songs in iTunes Plus if iTunes Plus content is available.
Note: Some features or services are not available in some iTunes Store countries.