Apple Loops don't appear in the GarageBand loop browser
Computers bundled with iLife '08 and Mac OS X 10.4 may not have GarageBand Loops available on first use.
To access the GarageBand loops installed on your computer, please do the following:
- Make sure GarageBand is open and you have the loop browser open:
- Click the Finder icon in the Dock.
- Choose Go > Go to Folder.
- Type the directory location: /Library/Audio
- Find the Apple Loops folder, and drag it into the GarageBand loop browser.
- Wait for Reindexing to complete.
Not all loops listed in the GarageBand loop browser will be installed on your computer by default. Selecting a loop with an arrow icon next to its name should bring up a dialog prompting for an installation source. The fastest method of installing these loops is to select Install from DVD in this dialog, then inserting your computer's original install disc when prompted to do so.