If you didn't receive your Apple ID verification or reset email
Try the steps in this article if you're expecting a verification or reset email for your Apple ID, but haven't received the email.
- What is a verification email? When you add or change an email address for your Apple ID, you need to verify it as directed in an email that Apple sends to the address.
- What is a reset email? When you ask to reset your password or security questions, you need to follow the reset instructions in an email from Apple.
Check system status
Check Apple's System Status page to confirm that the Apple ID service is currently available. If you expect to receive the message at an iCloud address (@icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com), check for issues affecting the iCloud Mail service as well.
Search for the email
Give the email a few minutes to arrive, then search for it in your email inbox.
- The sender address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The sender name is “Apple.”
The email might have been moved by a spam filter or other email rules that are set up in your email app or by your email service provider. If you can't find the email in your inbox, search your other email folders, including any folders labeled Spam, Junk, Trash, Deleted Items, or Archive.
Make sure that you're checking the correct email account
- If you're verifying an Apple ID email address, check for the verification email at the same address.
- If you're resetting your password or security questions, check for the reset email at your rescue address. If you don't have a rescue address, check your primary address.
Make sure that the email address is correct in your Apple ID account
If you're verifying an Apple ID email address, take these steps:
- Go to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com).
- Select “Manage your Apple ID” and sign in.
- If the email address listed in your account is incorrect, edit the address as needed. Apple will send another verification email to the corrected address.
Make sure that the email account is receiving email
If you're not getting any email at your email address, this information may help:
- If you're using OS X Mail to check email, learn how to solve issues that affect OS X Mail.
- If you expect to receive the email at an iCloud address, learn how to solve issues that affect iCloud Mail.
If necessary, contact your email service provider.
Resend the email
If your email address is correct in your Apple ID account, and you're receiving other email at that address, try resending the email: