I can't change the country of my iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, or Mac App Store account
If you move to another country, you need to change the country of your iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, and Mac App Store account. You may see one of these messages when you try to change your country:
- You have an active iTunes Match subscription; you must cancel it before you can change stores.
- You have at least one incomplete pass. Passes must be complete before you can change stores.
- You have rentals that have not expired; they must expire before you can change stores.
- You have a store credit balance; you must spend your balance before you can change stores.
- You have one or more pending store credit refunds. You must wait a few hours for these to complete before you can change stores.
If you have an active iTunes Match subscription
If you subscribe to iTunes Match, you need to wait for your iTunes Match subscription to expire. After your subscription expires, you can change your country.
You may need to turn off Auto-Renew for iTunes Match.
If you have at least one incomplete pass
You can see which Season Pass or Multi-Pass isn't complete:
- Click to open your account in iTunes (you may need to sign in with your Apple ID).
Or you can follow these steps to view your account:
- Open iTunes and click iTunes Store.
- Click Sign In and enter your Apple ID.
- Click your Apple ID and select Account.
- On the Apple Information page, click Manage Passes.
- Complete the passes listed under Current Passes.
When Current Passes is empty, you can change the country or region of your account.
If you have rentals that haven't expired
If you rented a movie, wait 30 days after the date you rented the item. Then, you can change your country.
If you have a store credit balance
You must spend your balance before you can change stores:
- If your store credit is less than the cost of a single item on the iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, or Mac App Store, you can add a credit card to your account. When you buy an item, you will use the remaining store credit and charge the remainder of the purchase to your credit card.
- If you don't have a credit card, contact iTunes Store support.
If you have one or more pending store credit refunds
You must wait a few hours for these to complete. After the refunded credit is applied to your store credit balance, you can try to change countries again.