iOS: Dictionary isn't available after updating to the latest version of iOS
After updating to the latest version of iOS, you may need to download the Dictionary. If you can't define words on your iOS device, follow these steps.
To download Dictionary:
- Launch Safari or iBooks from your iOS device (or any app that allows you to select and define words).
- Navigate to any website or open any book from your iBooks library.
- Touch and hold any word in Safari or iBooks to select the word.
- Select Define. A new screen will appear.
- Tap Manage.
- Find the appropriate dictionary and tap the download icon to the right of the dictionary.
Last Modified: Sep 5, 2014