iPhone: Receiver and call audio quality issues
No sound can be heard or sound quality isn't clear when you listen to a call or voicemail message.
Follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- Increase the volume during the call.
- Make sure nothing is blocking the receiver. If you're using a protective case or display film, remove it and try again.
- Make sure nothing is plugged into the headphone jack or the dock connector.
- Check the receiver opening to see if it is clogged with debris. If necessary, clean it with a clean, small, dry, soft-bristled brush.
- Try another location with better signal. If the audio issue happens only when on a call, it could be due to the location.
- If the iPhone is paired with a Bluetooth headset or a car kit, try turning off Bluetooth on your device. Learn more about troubleshooting Bluetooth connections.
- Restart the iPhone.
- Make sure your device is up to date.
- If the issue is not resolved, contact Apple Support.
Last Modified: Mar 26, 2014