Can’t receive text messages on a non-Apple phone
You might experience these symptoms:
- You can't receive SMS or text messages someone sends you from an iPhone
- You can't send SMS or text messages to a non-Apple phone (such as an Android, Windows, or BlackBerry phone), because the messages are sent as iMessage
This can happen if you used iMessage on your iPhone and then transferred your SIM card or phone number to a non-Apple phone.
If you didn't turn off or deactivate iMessage before switching to a non-Apple phone, other iOS devices will still try to use iMessage to send text messages to your phone number.
If you still have your iPhone, follow these steps to turn off iMessage and deregister your phone number:
- If you transferred your SIM card from the iPhone to a non-Apple phone, put it back in the iPhone.
- Make sure that you're connected to the cellular data network.
- Tap Settings > Messages and turn iMessage off.
If you don't have access to your iPhone, or if you can't deactivate iMessage from your iPhone, please contact Apple Support. Support for this issue is free.
These steps won't deregister your phone number with iMessage:
- Logging in to My Support Profile and changing your password or removing your phone number
- Texting STOP to 48369
- Resetting your network settings
- Changing your Apple ID password