Logic Remote: May not connect to Logic Pro X with some Firewall settings
The Logic Remote app may be unable to connect to Logic Pro X on a computer with a Firewall enabled. If the Firewall is configured to block all incoming connections, then Logic Remote will not connect to Logic Pro X.
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple () menu.
- Click Security & Privacy in the System Preferences window.
- Click the Firewall tab in the Security & Privacy panel.
- Click the lock icon at the bottom-left corner of the Firewall pane; authenticate with an administrator username and password.
- Click the Firewall Options button.
- Disable the checkbox for "Block all incoming connections."
- Click the OK button.
If you have a Touch OSC control surface installed in Logic Pro X, then see Logic Remote may not connect if a Touch OSC device is already installed in Logic Pro for more information.