iBooks Author: Unable to publish to iBooks Store in languages other than English
If your Mac is using a language other than English, you might be unable to publish to the iBooks Store because an invalid book type is selected in iTunes Producer.
When iTunes Producer launches after following the publishing prompts in iBooks Author, you may need to manually change the Book Type field.
- Click the Publish button in the iBooks Author toolbar.
- Follow the prompts.
- When iTunes Producer launches and you have signed in, you'll see the Book tab.
- If Book Type starts with a lowercase letter in a language other than English, change it to Book or Textbook:
Note: "Textbook" is not available in all languages.
- Complete the rest of the fields in iTunes Producer to finish publishing your book.
If the above steps do not work, you may need to change your OS X language to English before publishing your book:
- Quit iTunes Producer and iBooks Author, if they are open.
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Select "Language & Text."
- Select the Language tab.
- Drag English to the top of the list.
- Launch iBooks Author and publish your book.
You can drag your preferred language to the top of the language list in System Preferences after your book has published.
Find more information on publishing to the iBooks Store.