Boot Camp: Thunderbolt devices not recognized after Windows 8 upgrade
Thunderbolt devices are not recognized when you start up in Windows 8 after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8.
Disable the Windows 8 Fast Boot feature to allow Thunderbolt devices to be recognized.
- Start up in Windows.
- Position your mouse cursor in the upper-right or lower-right corner of your screen to activate the Charms bar.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Click Control Panel.
- Choose "Hardware and Sound."
- Under Power Options, choose "Change what the power buttons do."
- Under "Shutdown settings," remove the checkmark from "Turn on fast startup."
- Click on Save changes.
- Restart your computer. After restarting, devices connected to Thunderbolt ports should be recognized.
Important: Information about products not manufactured by Apple is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute Apple’s recommendation or endorsement. Please contact the vendor for additional information.
Last Modified: Aug 12, 2013