Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5: Share to DVD returns alert "The operation couldn't be completed. (DSPPublishing error -29)"
Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5
In some cases, when you choose "Share to DVD," the operation returns this alert: "The operation couldn't be completed. (DSPPublishing error -29)." This will occur when the task reaches about 66% in the Dashboard background tasks progress indicator or background tasks window.
There are two possible causes for this:
1. An image was added as a background image to the DVD menu and the original file in the Finder was moved or deleted before the Share to DVD operation was complete.
To address this you can do either of the following:
- Move the file back to where it was originally located when it was added and Share to DVD again.
- Locate the moved file on your system and add it again as the background image for the DVD menu by following these steps:
- Locate the file you would like to use as the DVD menu background image on your system.
- In Final Cut Pro X, choose File > Share > DVD.
- Click Settings.
- In the Background option, clear the currently set background image by clicking the X to the right of the filename.
- Important: Be sure to clear the currently set image even if it appears that the background image is the image you want to use.
- Click the Add button and navigate to the current location of the background image file. Select the file and click Open.
2. A RAW format image file was added as a background image to the DVD menu.
To address this, use a different image file format like JPEG or TIFF as the background image.