OS X: iTunes Artwork screen saver is blank or states "Your iTunes Library does not contain any songs with artwork"
When using the iTunes Artwork screen saver, the screen may be blank or display the message "Your iTunes Library does not contain any songs with artwork".
This can happen when the iTunes Library contains duplicate voice memos.
- Download and install iTunes 11.0.1 or later.
- Open iTunes.
- Choose Music from the Library pop-up menu or sidebar, and then click Songs.
- Choose View > Show Duplicate Items.
- Click the Genre column heading to sort all duplicate songs based on their genre.
- Look for duplicate items in the "Voice Memo" genre.
- Press the Command key while clicking on each of the duplicate voice memos. For example, if you see a specific voice memo repeated three times, then you should click two of those voice memos while holding the Command key, leaving one copy of the voice memo unselected.
- Choose Edit > Delete.
- Click Delete Voice Memos and Move to Trash in the dialogs that appear.
- Choose View > Show All Items.
- Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences.
- Choose View > Desktop & Screen Saver.
- Click Screen Saver, then select iTunes Artwork.
The screen saver preview should now show artwork from the iTunes Library.
If the screen saver still shows a blank screen or "Your iTunes Library does not contain any songs with artwork", repeat the steps above to confirm that no duplicate voice memos remain in the iTunes Library.