Aperture: Aperture may quit on launch after updating Aperture via the Mac App Store
After updating Aperture via the Mac App Store, Aperture may quit when you open it.
To resolve the issue, follow these steps to reinstall Aperture:
- In the Finder, choose Applications from the Go menu.
- Move the Aperture application to the Trash. Note: This will not remove or affect any of your photos or Aperture libraries.
- Open the App Store. Make sure you are logged in with the same Apple ID you used to purchase Aperture. If not, choose Sign In from the Store menu.
- Click the Purchases button at the top of the App Store window.
- In the list of your purchased apps, click the Install button to the right of Aperture. Note: If you don't see Aperture listed you may have hidden it. See Mac App Store: Hiding and unhiding purchases for more information.
This document will be updated as more information becomes available.