OS X: System Preferences stops responding after viewing Desktop & Screen Saver pane
System Preferences may stop responding if you select an iPhoto Event that is no longer available in iPhoto as the source for your desktop picture.
- Quit System Preferences if it's running.
If System Preferences is running but not responding, choose Force Quit from the Apple menu, or right-click its icon on the Dock and choose "Force Quit".
- Open iPhoto.
- Select Events in the Source list (on the left side of the iPhoto window).
- Double-click on any of the events shown. Verify that the name or date of this event is now shown under RECENT in the Source list.
- Choose Apple menu () > System Preferences.
- Click Desktop & Screen Saver, click on Desktop, and verify that you can now select a new desktop picture.
This document will be updated as more information becomes available.
Last Modified: Nov 2, 2012