Aperture 3.3: Aperture stops responding at first launch if MobileMe is enabled
The first time you open Aperture after installing it, Aperture may stop responding while opening the library. This may occur if MobileMe is enabled on OS X Lion, or if you installed OS X Mountain Lion on a computer that had MobileMe enabled.
On OS X Lion:
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple () menu and then click MobileMe.
- Disable MobileMe.
On OS X Mountain Lion:
- Disconnect the computer from the Internet by either unplugging the ethernet cable or by turning Wi-Fi off.
- Open Aperture.
- A warning that the MobileMe password is incorrect will appear. Click Cancel.
- After Aperture opens, quit Aperture.
- Relaunch Aperture. A dialog indicating MobileMe has been discontinued will appear. Dismiss the dialog.
- Re-enable your Internet connection.