iPhoto 9.2.2 or later: Some images may have moved to the "From MobileMe" event
During iPhoto's migration of your albums from MobileMe Gallery, photos you published to MobileMe from your library may be moved from their original events into a new event called "From MobileMe". Before you delete a photo from the "From MobileMe" event, first confirm that a copy exists in your library. Use this article to learn how to check for duplicates and move photos back to their original events.
Note: This issue does not occur if iPhoto migrates your albums from MobileMe Gallery after the 9.3.1 update is installed.
Before you delete a photo from the "From MobileMe" event, confirm that a copy exists in your library:
- Click Photos in the source list.
- Go to the View menu, and make sure Titles and Event Titles are checked.
- Select the title under one of the photos in the "From MobileMe" event.
- Select Copy from the Edit menu.
- Click the Search icon in the bottom-left of your screen.
- Select Paste from the Edit menu.
Any photo in your library with the same title should appear.
If you have duplicates, they may be different sizes. If you want to delete the smaller version, follow these steps to compare the sizes:
- Select one photo.
- Open the Info pane from the icon in the lower-right of your screen.
- The size of the image should appear in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Select the duplicate photo.
- Compare the size of the duplicate to the size of the photo from step 3.
If you do not have duplicates and would like to move photos from the "From MobileMe" event to their original events:
- In the Events view, go to the "From MobileMe" event.
- Select the photos you want to move, and select Cut from the Edit menu.
- Go to the original event, and select Paste from the Edit menu.