iMovie may not recognize some videos in iPhoto or Aperture
Videos that have been imported into iPhoto or Aperture may not appear in iPhoto Videos or Aperture Videos in the iMovie Event Library.
- Select File > Import > Movies…
- A dialog will appear. Scroll down to the Media section of the sidebar, and then select Movies.
- From the menu that appears, select iPhoto or Aperture. You can click the disclosure triangle to reveal events or albums to help find the video you are looking for.
- Select the video or videos you would like to import.
- Choose to import the video into an existing or new Event.
- Click the Import button.
Your videos will now appear in iMovie, and you can use and edit them.
Last Modified: Jul 26, 2012