If you hear noise while on call or using cellular data on your iPhone 4S
When using iPhone 4S, you might hear an echo, static, or crackling noise while you're on a call or using cellular data.
If this happens only when you're using the receiver, try these steps:
- If you have a case on your iPhone, make sure that the top microphone next to the headset jack isn't covered, or remove the case completely.
- If you have a protective film on your screen, make sure that the receiver isn't covered, or remove the film completely.
- Check the receiver mesh. If it looks blocked, use a clean, small, dry, soft-bristled brush to gently brush away any debris.
- If you hear the noise only in one location, try another location.
- Try restarting your iPhone.
- If restarting doesn't fix the issue, update to the latest version of iOS.
- If you still hear the noise, set up repair service for your iPhone.
Last Modified: Oct 21, 2014