Mac OS X v10.6: Reconfiguring Mail after upgrading Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2010
In some situations, existing Mail accounts might not AutoDiscover the new exchange server settings after upgrading to Exchange 2010. When this happens, the Exchange account will not go online after the Server Migration
Exchange 2007 accounts can be easily reconfigured to connect to the Exchange 2010 server after the mailbox has been migrated.
- Open Mail (click its icon in the Dock, or open it in the Applications folder).
- From the Mail menu, choose Preferences.
- Click Accounts in the toolbar.
- Select the Exchange 2007 account in the Accounts column.
- Click the Account Information tab.
- Modify the Internal and External server fields to match the new Exchange 2010 server name.
- Click the round, red button in the upper left corner to close the Mail Preferences window, or press Command-W.
- Click Save when prompted.
Alternatively, after the server migration is complete, delete your existing account and add it again. Note: Before deleting an account be sure to have a proven backup solution in place for your mailboxes and local folders