Lion Server: Webmail users receive "The message cannot be moved" alert
When you have Lion Server configured as a Mail server and providing Webmail access, some users may not be given the default folder set (Sent, Drafts, Junk, Trash) when they log into Webmail. This can cause users to receive this alert message when they try to delete a message or move it into another folder:
"The message cannot be moved"
Update to Lion Server v10.7.3 or later.
For user who have already logged into Webmail and are missing the default folders, you will need to manually create and assign the required folders.
- Log into the affected users webmail account
- Go to Settings.
- Select the Folders tab.
- Click the + button at the bottom of window.
- Create a folder named "Deleted Messages".
- Create a folder named "Sent Messages".
- Create a folder named "Junk".
- Create a folder named "Drafts".
- Click the Preferences tab, then Special Folders.
- In the Main Options, select the appropriate folder for the option from the pop-up menu.
- After assigning the folder to their main option, click Save.