Archived - iOS AirPort Utility: After removing power from an AirPort Base Station, the device is still shown in Network view
If you remove power from an AirPort base station that is currently shown in the Network view of AirPort Utility, the device may continue to appear for up to an hour, even though it isn't available.
There are two ways to remove an AirPort Base station from the Network view.
Use the Forget button
- Select the AirPort base station in the Network Setup screen by tapping it.
- Tap the Forget button in the subsequent screen.
If the issue persists, use the next set of steps.
Quit and re-open AirPort Utility
- Press the Home button to return to the Home screen.
- Double-tap the Home button to display recent apps.
- Tap and hold AirPort Utility until the red minus appears.
- Tap the red minus icon to quit the app.
- Press the Home button.
- Tap AirPort Utility to open it again.