Apple Remote Desktop 3.3: Installing in OS X Lion or Mountain Lion
The Apple Remote Desktop 3.3 installer may report that it requires Mac OS X v10.6.
Follow these steps to install Apple Remote Desktop and update it to a version compatible with Lion or Mountain Lion.
- Copy the Apple Remote Desktop Installer from the Installation disc to the desktop.
- Press and hold the Control key and click the Installer icon.
- In the contextual menu that appears, choose Show Package Contents.
- In the package contents, navigate to Contents/Installers.
- Control-click RemoteDesktopAdmin.pkg and choose Show Package Contents.
- In the package contents, double-click the Archive.pax.gz file to expand it.
- In the expanded archive, navigate to Archive/Applications/ and drag Remote Desktop to your Applications folder.
- If you are installing Apple Remote Desktop on OS X Lion, immediately run Software Update to update Apple Remote Desktop to the latest version.
If you are installing Apple Remote Desktop on OS X Mountain Lion, visit Support Downloads, then download and install the latest update for Apple Remote Desktop.
Note: OS X Mountain Lion requires Apple Remote Desktop 3.6 or later.
Last Modified: Mar 1, 2013