MainStage 2.2.2: Release notes
MainStage 2.2.2 is a software update for MainStage 2.2. MainStage 2.2 is a feature upgrade for MainStage 1.0 and 2.0 customers available for purchase on the Mac App Store. MainStage 2.2 includes several new features and fixes.
About the MainStage 2.2.2 Update
Stability and Usability
- Resolves an issue in which MainStage might quit unexpectedly on OS X Lion v10.7.4.
- Resolves an issue in which MainStage sometimes quit unexpectedly when loading certain concerts.
- Resolves an issue in which MainStage quit unexpectedly when a second mapping was assigned to a screen control that already had a mapping assigned.
- Fixes an issue in MainStage 2.2.1 in which assignments and mappings could be inadvertently deleted by removing a screen control in Layout Mode.
- Resolves an issue related to the download and installation of basic and additional content.
- The menu item for Release Notes now opens the correct URL.
- Compatibility with the VAX-77 keyboard is improved.
- Resolves an issue in which patch lists were not updated to VAX and Axiom keyboards if the keyboard lost and then regained connection to the computer after launching MainStage
- Resolves an issue with MainStage 2.2 and 2.2.1 in which EXS instrument files were not available if they were in aliased folders.
- Fixes an issue in MainStage 2.2 and 2.2.1 in which the I/O Plug-in did not route audio to outputs.
- When mapping a Screen Control to a parameter already mapped to another Screen Control by using the plug-in GUI, MainStage now correctly maintains independent mappings for each Screen Control.
- Resolves an issue in which using the Command key in conjunction with up and down arrows in Edit mode with Map Parameters enabled caused MainStage to assign the mappings to Next Patch and/or Previous Patch.
- Fixes an issue in MainStage 2.2 and 2.2.1 in which mapping a Screen Control to jump to a patch or a set no longer worked.
- Screen Controls mapped to more than one parameter now operate smoothly over their entire range with all range scale settings.
- Resolves several issues related to the download and installation of basic and additional content.
- Addresses an issue in MainStage 2.2 that could decreased performance of the Playback plug-in on computers with one or two cores.
- Resolves an issue in MainStage 2.2 that could decreased performance when using the 8-channel mixer & backing track template.
- Resolves an issue that could increased latency when playing software instruments with MainStage 2.2.
- Improves performance when running multiple instances of EXS24 in 32-bit mode on computers with multiple cores.
- Addresses an issue in MainStage 2.2 where performance decreased compared to MainStage 2.1.3 on non-hyper-threaded 2-core computers.
- Fixes an issue in MainStage 2.2 where only the left side of the stereo signal was sent to an Aux if the channel strip had any mono to stereo conversion.
- Panning now works correctly on outputs other than output 1-2.
- Sends set to Post Pan now pan properly on mono channel strips.
- Fixes an issue that blocked sidechain input for plug-ins.
- Resolves an issue in MainStage 2.2 where the left side of external stereo audio signals was duplicated and processed by both sides of a stereo channel strip.
Plugins and Patches
- Fixes an issue with using keyboard arrow keys to scroll through the Patch Browser.
- The Hide Ruler option for the Waveform object again works as expected.
- The slide direction of drawbars in EVB3 is no longer affected by the Scroll direction setting in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
- Resolves an issue where the bottom of some plug-in screens were not accessible on 11” MacBook Air when the plug-in was opened in Controls View.
- Corrects various problems in MainStage 2.2 with non-English localizations.
- MainStage 2.2 takes full advantage of Macs with four or more processor cores.
- New template picker includes a new Quick Start category.
- New Assignments & Mappings view provides a way to edit and view a consolidated list of all hardware controller assignments and screen control mappings.
- The MainStage interface has been rebuilt with larger interface elements.
- The last saved value of a mapped parameter can now be seen and edited.
Enhanced MIDI Control
- Direct connections between hardware controllers and plug-in parameters can be made without using screen controls.
- During patch changes, SysEx and other data can be sent to external MIDI devices using standard MIDI files.
- It is now possible to block unwanted incoming controller messages.
- New preference to globally disable feedback protection across all patches.
- Auto-assignment support has been added for more MIDI devices:
- Akai MPK25
- Akai MPK49
- Alesis Q25
- Korg nanoKey2
- Korg nanoKontrol2
- Korg nanoPad2
- M-Audio Axiom 25 (updated version)
- M-Audio Axiom 49 (updated version)
- M-Audio Axiom 61 (updated version)
- M-Audio Oxygen 49 (updated version)
- Novation Nocturn 25
- Resolves an issue in which the amount of latency reported in the Audio preferences for a given I/O Buffer size was too low if the I/O Safety Buffer was enabled.
- Fixes an issue in which one shot sample triggering did not work correctly when EXS was in mono mode.
- The metronome now provides a downbeat click.
- Improved MIDI Beat Clock for ReWire and External Instrument Channels.
- EVB3 no longer produces stuck notes when using a sustain pedal.