iCloud: About the iCloud Web App Plugin for Internet Explorer
When you use Internet Explorer to access iCloud.com, you may be prompted to install the iCloud Web App Plugin (also known as an add-on).
When prompted, click Install to get these additional features when using Internet Explorer on iCloud.com:
- Adding or editing a contact photo
- Adding or editing your account's photo
- Dragging and dropping attachments when composing an email message
- Dragging and dropping attachments when creating a calendar event
- Dragging and dropping files to icloud.com/iwork
Note: Internet Explorer does not support multiple drag-and-drop attachments. You must add attachments individually to email or calendar events, or when uploading to icloud.com/iwork.
You can drag and drop these file types to icloud.com/iwork:
- Pages '09
- Numbers '09
- Keynote '09
- Microsoft Word (.doc)
- Microsoft Excel (.xls or .xlsx)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt)
- Text (.txt) files
- CSV (.csv) files
If you do not install the iCloud Web App Plugin on Internet Explorer, you will still be able to use iCloud.com without the features listed above.
For more information about ActiveX add-ons and their security implications, see Microsoft's information page.