Apple TV (2nd generation): No audio when using Apple TV
Apple TV (2nd generation) automatically sets the audio output mode for use with your TV or AV receiver. In some cases, however, certain TVs or AV receivers may not properly play audio from your Apple TV.
If there is no audio coming from your TV or AV receiver when using your Apple TV, including sound effects, you should first confirm the following:
- The volume on your TV, or AV receiver (whichever is used for audio from Apple TV), is not muted, and is at a high enough volume.
- The Sound Effects option, under the Audio & Video menu on your Apple TV, is not set to Off. To verify:
- On your Apple TV, go to Settings > Audio & Video.
- Navigate to the Sound Effects option and make sure its set to On
If there is still no audio when using your Apple TV, try changing the Audio Output from your Apple TV:
- Make sure you have the latest Apple TV software update installed.
- On your Apple TV, navigate to Settings > Audio & Video.
- Navigate to the Audio Output option.
- Push the Select button on your Apple Remote to switch to 16 bit.
- Verify that audio is now coming from your TV or AV receiver.