Archived - iMovie for iOS: Why do I receive an alert message when using AirPlay to send my movie to Apple TV?
This article has been archived and is no longer updated by Apple.
You may receive the following message when using AirPlay to send your movie from iMovie for iOS to Apple TV:
To use AirPlay to send your movie from iMovie for iOS to Apple TV:
- You must have iOS 4.3 or later on your iOS device, and you must have Apple TV software 4.2 or later on your Apple TV.
- You also need to connect your iMovie for iOS device via Wi-Fi to the same local network to which your Apple TV is connected.
For best results, you should also make sure that:
- You connect all of your devices to the same router (if you have multiple routers). Using multiple routers may prevent discovery between these devices.
- Your devices are not using a Virtual Private Network (VPN). A VPN may isolate the device that sits behind it and cause connectivity disruptions. If you are using a VPN, be sure all of your devices are on the same VPN.
- If you have a router set up with a guest account, make sure you connect all of your devices to the same router using the same account.
Last Modified: Apr 26, 2013