Mac OS X v10.6.4 and later: Unable to Install SuperDrive Firmware Update 3.0
Mac OS X 10.6.5, Mac mini (Early 2009), MacBook (13-inch, Aluminum, Late 2008), MacBook (13-inch, Early 2009), MacBook (13-inch, Mid 2009), MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2008), MacBook Pro (17-inch, Early 2009), iMac (20-inch, Early 2009), iMac (20-inch, Mid 2009), iMac (24-inch, Early 2009)
Learn what to do if your computer with Mac OS X v10.6.4 (and later) cannot install SuperDrive Firmware Update 3.0.
Follow these steps if your computer is eligible for SuperDrive Firmware Update 3.0 but will not install it:
- Connect an external drive to the Mac and insert the Restore DVD that originally came with your Mac.
- Double-click Install Mac OS X.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and choose the external hard disk drive as the destination.
- After the Installer completes and the computer restarts, run Software Update to install SuperDrive Firmware Update 3.0.
- Restart your Mac. If your Mac starts up to the external disk drive, reset the startup drive.
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple () menu.
- Choose Startup Disk from the View menu.
- Select the built-in hard disk and restart your computer.
Note: You can also choose to have these steps performed at your nearest Apple Retail store. If you plan to visit an Apple Retail store, make a reservation at the Genius Bar using http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/ (available in some countries only).
Learn more about SuperDrive Firmware Update 3.0 and how to install it.