Aperture 3 unexpectedly quits if Final Cut Express 4 is installed
If Final Cut Express 4 and Aperture 3 are installed on the same computer, Aperture may unexpectedly quit when you open it, particularly if Final Cut Express was installed after Aperture.
Proceed based upon the version of OS X that you're using.
Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard
- If you installed Aperture from the Mac App Store, download and install the Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo.
- If you installed Aperture from a DVD or a trial version:
- Reinstall Aperture from the DVD or the disk image (.dmg) of the trial version.
- From the Apple () menu, choose Software Update to check for software updates. Install any Aperture updates that are found.
OS X v10.7 Lion or later
Download and reinstall OS X from the Mac App Store:
- Open the Mac App Store and click Purchases (or Purchased) in the toolbar.
- Sign in to your account, if asked.
- Click the Download button next to your version of OS X, then follow the onscreen instructions to install OS X.
After you reinstall OS X, PlugIn Manager 1.7.3 might become available as a software update in the Mac App Store. Don't install the update. To prevent PlugIn Manager 1.7.3 from continuing to appear on the Updates page of the Mac App Store, Control-click the update to open a shortcut menu, then choose Hide Update from the menu.