Get help activating your iPhone
Your iPhone might display one of these messages when you try to activate it:
- "Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable."
- "The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported"
- "The iPhone is not recognized and cannot be activated for service."
- "iTunes was unable to verify your device."
Try these steps if you see one of the messages above:
- Check the system status for iOS Device Activation. If the iOS Device Activation status isn't green, try activating your iPhone later.
- Restart the iPhone.
- Try to reach the activation server another way, then try to activate.
- Try connecting to a known-good Wi-Fi network if you can't activate using a cellular data connection.
- Try connecting to iTunes if you can't activate using Wi-Fi.
- Restore the iPhone.
If you receive an alert message when you try to activate your iPhone, place the iPhone in recovery mode and perform a restore. If you still can't complete the setup assistant due to an activation error, contact Apple for assistance.
If you're asked to enter a password to proceed with activating the iPhone, Activation Lock might be enabled as part of Find my iPhone.