Get help activating your iPhone
Your iPhone might display one of these messages when you try to activate it:
- "Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable"
- "The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported"
- "The iPhone is not recognized and cannot be activated for service"
- "iTunes was unable to verify your device"
Try these steps if you see one of the messages above:
- If your carrier provided a SIM card, make sure it's in your iPhone.
- Restart the iPhone.
- Try to reach the activation server another way, then try to activate.
- Try connecting to a known-good Wi-Fi network if you can't activate using a cellular data connection.
- Try connecting to iTunes if you can't activate using Wi-Fi.
- Restore the iPhone.
- Check the system status for iOS Device Activation. If the iOS Device Activation status isn't green, try activating your iPhone later.
If you receive an alert message when you try to activate your iPhone, place the iPhone in recovery mode and perform a restore. If you still can't complete the setup assistant due to an activation error, contact Apple for assistance.
If you're asked to enter a password to proceed with activating the iPhone, Activation Lock might be enabled as part of Find my iPhone.