MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010) and MacBook Pro (17-inch, Mid 2010): Apple Remote does not respond
If your MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010) or MacBook Pro (17-inch, Mid 2010) sometimes does not respond to your Apple infrared remote, follow these steps.
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple () menu.
- Choose Security from the View menu.
- Select the General tab.
- Click the lock to make changes.
- Enter your computer's administrator password if prompted.
- Click the "Disable remote control infrared receiver" to enable the option.
- Click the checkbox again to disable the option, as in the illustration below.
Your Apple Remote should now operate correctly.