Archived - iPad and iPod touch: Unable to use YouTube or Push notifications
In certain situations, the following alerts may appear when attempting to use YouTube or Push notifications after setting up an iPad or iPod touch for the first time:
- "Cannot connect to YouTube"
- "Connect to iTunes to use Push notifications"
You may see the "Connect to iTunes" screen on your device after a restart:
To use certain services, iTunes must download and install an authentication token on the device. Because iPad and iPod touch do not require an active Internet connection to activate, these tokens may not be downloaded and installed during initial setup.
You can resolve this issue by verifying that iTunes has an active Internet connection. Use the following steps:
- Open iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Verify that your Mac or PC has an active Internet connection by accessing the iTunes Store in iTunes.
- Connect your iPad or iPod touch to your Mac or PC.
- After the sync completes, verify you can access YouTube.
Note: iTunes 9.1 or later is required when using iPad.